HELP THE SEA SCOUT PROGRAM
DO YOU HAVE A BOAT TO DONATE?
A TAX DEDUCTION MAY APPLY
Gift Boat Program
Thank you for considering a donation to our Gift Boat Program to benefit the local Sea Scout program. The program is part of the Cascade Pacific Council, Boy Scouts of America, serving 18 counties of Oregon and southwest Washington. The council is a 501 c 3 organization. Visit us on the world wide web at: www.cpcbsa.org
The donation process is easy if you follow these simple steps:
1. Contact the Cascade Pacific Council Service Center at (503)225-5748 to initiate donation.
2. Referral information reviewed by the Gift Boat Committee to determine acceptance.
3. Upon committee approval, you will receive paperwork by mail.
4. Fill out and return the “Deed of Gift” form. (Return all copies.)
5. Sign the title or titles to release your interest in the vessel and/or trailer.
6. Lost title? Contact our office at 503.225-5748 for additional paperwork. We will not accept a boat or trailer for donation until title issues are resolved.
7. Return all forms and the signed title(s) in the envelope provided in your packet.
8. Arrange delivery of the donation to our Sea Base after documents have been completed and returned to the office.
Delivery of Donations: Once all these documents have been received by our office staff you will be contacted by a member of the Gift Boat Committee to arrange delivery of the donation to the Sea Scout Base. We cannot accept your donation until you complete all the paperwork.
Donation & Tax Receipts: After the donation has been received at the Sea Base, we will return a signed copy of the “Deed of Gift” form as your donation receipt for the item. You will receive your tax receipt at such time as we sell your donated item. In the event that your donation is retained for use by the Sea Scouts, we will send you a tax receipt reflecting this use. It is advisable to consult your tax professional for advice related to this donation because tax regulations changed January 1, 2005. In general, the amount of your deduction is limited to the actual sale price received. (Cascade Pacific Council, Boy Scouts of America is a 501 c 3 organization.) Please feel free to contact my office at (503) 225-5748 if you have any further questions.
Director of Finance Services